Skip to main content

Most Treatments Are Scams... I'm Talking to You MigraineX


Alright, you guessed it... I caved and have officially gone off the deep end. With all of these magical "cures" that exist for the incurable migraine, I fell for one.

Oh how convincing this story begins. Let me introduce you to MigraineX, a set of earplugs that have been specially designed to twist into your ears to help reduce the effects brought on by changes in barometric pressure.

Now that's what got me. Barometric pressure. It's snowing in April and has been since April started. (It's the 18th and there's a foot and a half of snow outside and my head is actually spinning from the amount of pressure shifts and storm systems that have rocked my world these past few weeks).

So I caved. I purchased a single set of MigraineX and Wild Thera Headcool Balm (I'll touch on this later).

MigraineX is consumer proven, even though they are often mentioned as clinically proven. When asked for clinical test results, they only can provide testimonials. These brightly colored purple earplugs are nothing to rave about. They don't cancel out an ounce of noise... even though they are supposed to reduce noise by 20 decibels.

The app is really convenient. It tells you when pressure will be changing and approximately the time. However, it also states that you may want to keep your migrainex on hand and that you should use them alongside your abortive.

THESE EARPLUGS ARE A SCAM. IF THEY DID ANYTHING MY ABORTIVE DIDN'T ALREADY DO, THEY WOULD PROVIDE SOME OUNCE OF RELIEF WITHOUT ANY DROP OF MEDICINE.

You can't advertise "fast natural migraine relief" if one of your qualifiers is that it needs to be used alongside your regular medication.

But oh it's only $11.99 on Amazon. So I wasted a few bucks (my moms bucks but still bucks regardless). But what if I told you that there are roughly 37 MILLION migraine sufferers in America alone. Lets do some math why don't we. This SCAM has the potential to eat up $444 MILLION of peoples hard earned cash. People who are desperately looking for some sort of natural relief. Even if less that 10% of migraine sufferers purchase this product, the company who developed it will make a fortune.

In addition to the product not working, it is painful. The directions for inserting them aren't very in depth... not even a visual is provided. But you twist them into your ears and after about 20 to 30 minutes you should be feeling better. They are best used if you can nap or catch the migraine at the first signs.

Chronic migraine doesn't have first signs because chronic migraine doesn't really ever end. My current migraine has been dragging on since September...

But now that I have sore ears, and no relief from my migraine, I hate myself for being douped into this useless scam.

.... but on a positive note, let me introduce you to headcool balm by Wild Thera - also purchased on Amazon for $14.99.

About the product
  • CONCENTRATED NON-GMO HERBAL BALM. A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY. NO WATER, NO ALCOHOL, NO CHEMICALS OR STABILIZERS. Herbal Rub with Aromatherapy Benefits. No petroleum by-products, No Harmful Preservatives, No Parabens, No PCB, No Sulfates, No Toluene, No Artificial Colors, No Artificial Fragrances.
  • SAFE & EFFECTIVE INGREDIENTS like Organic Chamomile, Organic Lavender, Organic Eucalyptus, Organic Rosemary and more. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Almond & Castor Oil of the highest purity and Beeswax deliver targeted benefits.
  • NON-HABIT FORMING. Our blend of traditional herbs creates an effect that is Non-Toxic and No Harsh Side Effects.
  • COOLS, SOOTHES & CALMS with healthy and natural oils, essential oils and herbs while helping you feel comfortable fast. Can be combined for Holistic Health with Acupuncture, Acupressure, Cold Headband, Neck Pillow, Neck Massager, Yoga, Massage Oil, Massage Roller, Stress Inhaler, Natural Headache Relief Solutions, Stress Ball, Stress Relief Ball, Essential Oil Diffuser, Deep Tissue Massager, Heat Packs, Headache Patch & Migraine Glasses.
  • MADE IN THE USA. NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS. We offer a variety of Natural & Organic Herbal Balms. 
As the website puts it, is how it is. I've used it probably about 6 times now and you can't even tell that I've opened it - so it'll last a long time. My first use, I don't think I used enough as it didn't do much, but as I reapplied I could feel the cool sensation.
 
It works great. It may not make my migraine go away, but it definitely works to soothe my facial and neck muscles, while simultaneously calming me down. 
 
So far this balm has helped me get home and ease the tension in my eyebrows to allow me to see for a half hour drive through the messy, bright snow, and helped me fall asleep even with a throbbing head. 
 
Now for my final review, I'm taking on essential oils. I have this off brand (and by off brand I mean I got it at Walgreens and the reviews are horrible, but I beg to differ) frankincense. Now, mind you, the bad reviews are all a few years old and they may have made improvements to the product. But my frankincense is a lifesaver, especially when I just need to go to sleep. And it only cost me about $20 compared to DoTerra's frankincense which can be around $75. 
 
After much research, I decided to add a Eucalyptus oil to my (very small) collection. I haven't used it and it smells a bit woody, but perhaps tomorrow I will try it out.
 
 
I'd love to hear what type of products y'all have come across and what works, what doesn't, and what is a complete scam. 
 
-A            

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tips and Tricks: Migraines Without Meds

We've all got that one thing that we know will make us be more comfortable, more ourselves. That little something we feel gives us an edge in whatever we're doing. It's that red pair of shoes that'll make us stand out from the crowd because there really isn't a wrong time to wear them, but they certainly aren't expected. It's that lucky pair of socks. It's the green scarf. It's our lucky pen. We want to be comfortable. But, when we've got outside forces controlling a pulsing sensation in our heads, comfort is about as far away as the sun we're desperately trying to avoid. And if you're in my position, reaching for the bottle of pain killers isn't always the right choice. To be completely honest, my pain meds scare me. Every time I get into some trance while I'm on them. Every time I feel myself coming down. Every time the pain sneaks back in. Some days I convince myself that the medication simply wore off and the br

It Hurts

To say I feel less than human, is probably a bit of an understatement. But I do. I've been home for a week. I've managed to pretty much lay in bed in agonizing pain the whole time. I had a half-assed attempt to see a friend that resulted in me rushing home as the nausea and aphasia set in. I successfully made it to massage therapy today. Which meant even after sleeping for roughly 2 hours, I got up at 7:30 and sat in traffic for hours to get to a less than expected appointment. Mind you, my previous massage therapist was so wonderful I'm most likely spoiled to other techniques. This lady was late, she sat in the same god awful traffic I did. We spent more time going over the woes of her morning, than we did discussing why I was there and what I hoped to achieve through various massage techniques. The massage room wasn't dimly lit, and even as the massage started, lights were still on. I found this odd, but decided to just keep my eyes closed. Then she started

Here's My Advice, Take it or Leave It

On one of my last days of work, as I cradled my head and struggled to get through the short shift I had that evening, on the way out, my coworker looked at me and said: "You know, for as bad as you feel, you certainly don't show it" It was the first time I stepped back from a comment like that and realized that she wasn't trying to diminish me. She was coming from a common place. She knew exactly the pain I was in, and was truly almost impressed that I could go on with my day and appear to be a high functioning adult. And that is where this post came from. There's so many of us, who day in and day out are fighting. Fighting for the pain to stop. Fighting for those around us to just let us be or try and understand us. Fighting to hide what's going on. We're all simply fighting to be normal, but we never will be, and that's okay. I took the time to reach out to people with conditions ranging from migraines (like mine), to anxiety and depressio