Skip to main content

A Monday of Mondays


Today's one of those days where I sit here and ponder why I even made the effort to get out of bed. I'm nauseated. I can't really see straight. I'm not sure if the glaring sun or large amount of potholes did my stomach any good - I'm going to say no because I feel so awful.

But it's midterm week. I can't miss the day that goes over what will be on the exam or the day of the exam, right? I mean I'm sure I could.

But I don't feel like I can.

I got up much too early, and I could barely eat my breakfast. I took the meds I know I'm not supposed to drive on, and hoped that they didn't kick in before I got to campus. They didn't. They still haven't kicked in... neither has my nausea pill.

It's cool today, but inside these halls are stuffy and its hard to breathe. I feel like the air around me is going to swallow me up, but I'm sure my professor and classmates would turn their nose up to having class outside or opening a window.

So here I am. In class. Ready to take on the day.

I'm shaking. But I've got a long list of things to do today, so I'll go back to that idea of hope. I hope I can get through today. I hope my medicine calms my symptoms enough to not be a walking lump. I hope by the time I have to be at work, I know longer feel sick to my stomach.

Frankly, the severe head pain has nothing on all these other symptoms. Is it wrong that I would trade the writhing pain to not have my stomach churning and my heart racing?

Today's a Monday, and I can't wait for this Monday to be over. (Even though its only 8AM)

-A

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tips and Tricks: Migraines Without Meds

We've all got that one thing that we know will make us be more comfortable, more ourselves. That little something we feel gives us an edge in whatever we're doing. It's that red pair of shoes that'll make us stand out from the crowd because there really isn't a wrong time to wear them, but they certainly aren't expected. It's that lucky pair of socks. It's the green scarf. It's our lucky pen. We want to be comfortable. But, when we've got outside forces controlling a pulsing sensation in our heads, comfort is about as far away as the sun we're desperately trying to avoid. And if you're in my position, reaching for the bottle of pain killers isn't always the right choice. To be completely honest, my pain meds scare me. Every time I get into some trance while I'm on them. Every time I feel myself coming down. Every time the pain sneaks back in. Some days I convince myself that the medication simply wore off and the br

It Hurts

To say I feel less than human, is probably a bit of an understatement. But I do. I've been home for a week. I've managed to pretty much lay in bed in agonizing pain the whole time. I had a half-assed attempt to see a friend that resulted in me rushing home as the nausea and aphasia set in. I successfully made it to massage therapy today. Which meant even after sleeping for roughly 2 hours, I got up at 7:30 and sat in traffic for hours to get to a less than expected appointment. Mind you, my previous massage therapist was so wonderful I'm most likely spoiled to other techniques. This lady was late, she sat in the same god awful traffic I did. We spent more time going over the woes of her morning, than we did discussing why I was there and what I hoped to achieve through various massage techniques. The massage room wasn't dimly lit, and even as the massage started, lights were still on. I found this odd, but decided to just keep my eyes closed. Then she started

Unwinding

    Today was okay. I woke up and wasn't greeted by the horrible stabbing pain and fatigue that has become such a regular part of my day.   Today was actually a really good day . Work was productive and I learned all sorts of new things. I was allowed to express my personality through a design challenge that we started the day with. We were presented with a less than ideal fabric that a hypothetical client was insisting on having on a chair in their home. We then had to design an entire room around it. I was given a dark green fabric with some floral patterning to it... and I think my end design came out to be fun and very expressive.   I chose to compliment the dark green that would cover the chair in the left corner with a sofa and loveseat done in a creamy leather covered in bright pillows done in yellows and pinks.  To create a more dramatic feel in the room I used dark wood finishes and large pieces of art that could all be conversation pieces in the room. To me